Friday, September 30, 2011

Another Brilliant Class!


Coach Aaron's team at Marshall Elementary had a great time doing ABC poems this past Tuesday. Although most of the students had only started writing poetry the week before, they quickly got working creating some unique, hilarious and awesome poems. Best of all, they weren't afraid to share: more than half the class stepped into the Author's Chair to read their work! Here's a sample:

Abby is my coach of soccer
Brigitte is my cousin.
Carla - she is aunty.
Dara – that’s my name.
Eugeño trabaja en un restaurante.
Francisco es un buen portero.
Gadiel patea la pelota muy duro.
Hormigas son rojas y trabajan fueremente.
Este is mi poem.

-Dara Montejo Chel


Dummy bears are so good
Eat some more
Fat Dummy
Gummy Bears
Aww, I all out.

-Mampu Lona


“Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep!” says my mean clock
Cooking in the kitchen all I hear is, “Zzzzz”
Dumb clock won’t be quiet
Escaping the room was like a maze
Finally, I actually woke up. “Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep,” says my mean clock,
but at least it stops.

-Rubén Mejia

No comments:

Post a Comment