Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Volunteer Views!



The season is officially underway, and we couldn't do it without our fabulous volunteers serving as assistant coaches, game day refs and so much more! To paraphrase Levar Burton on Reading Rainbow, but don't take our word for it: here's what volunteer ref Justin had to say about his first game day ref experience:

"I loved working with these kids and felt very comfortable.  It was a nice change of pace to be reffing a game with such kind, respectful players, parents, and coaches. I was really taken aback by the waves of positivity that surrounded the entire organization. Plus, man, these kids are great for their age and experience level. I'm really excited to be a part of this program."

And we are so excited to have you, Justin!

Another super America SCORES volunteer bringing her enthusiasm and skills to the field and the classroom is Martha, at Marshall Elementary. Here's her report:

"Everything is going very well.  The last couple times I have started getting into the scrimmages and taking some kids aside to work one on one or in small groups, so that has been really fun. It’s been really good and I’m very glad to be there. I started feeling like I was teaching them something, so that is definitely enough to keep me coming back!"

We hope you do! And for any potential volunteers out there, don't think twice- join the America SCORES team today!

For interested volunteers, contact Shannon Burns at sburns@americascores.org. See you on the field! 

No comments:

Post a Comment